- 92% PeakPrey ratios of meat, organs, seafood, bone.
- 10% Z-BOOST® superfoods blend.
- Use as a complete and balanced meal, a nutritious topper, or a delicious treat.
- Free from grains, potatoes, glycerin, and rendered meat or meals.
Ziwi Peak Mackerel Wet Canned Food for Cats 85g/ 185g. Buy 12 of same size, get 1 free!
In this recipe, lush New Zealand land meets cool, blue, pristine sea. Wild and sustainable whole blue mackerel from the remote waters around New Zealand. Mackerel is a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain, skin, and coat health.
Your cat will love the delicious flavors, and you’ll love the effect it has on their health.
A complete and balanced PeakPrey® recipe for all life stage, from kittens to seniors
Nutrients and benefits
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids: Found throughout the body, especially the brain and eyes. As you might expect, these nutrients are crucial for supporting healthy brain function, growth, and development (particularly for puppies and kittens). But they also play an important role in helping your pet’s blood vessels, heart, immune system, and lungs work properly. They’re also great for supporting healthy skin and coat. Poultry is an important source of Omega-6 fatty acids, while New Zealand green mussels and other seafoods are a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Glucosamine and chondroitin: Glucosamine is a combination of ‘glucose’, a sugar, and ‘glutamine’, an amino acid. It helps form and repair cartilage. Together, they’re ideal for building healthy joints and resisting joint tissue breakdown - particularly crucial for our senior pets and puppies. Beef, lamb, poultry, and bones are a good source of these nutrients.
- Taurine: An amino acid and one of the building blocks of all proteins. Necessary to maintain normal vision, digestion, heart muscle function, and to maintain a healthy immune system. Dogs can make taurine, but cats rely on taurine exclusively from their diets. All animal proteins are an excellent source.
- Calcium: Calcium builds and maintains strong bones. But it’s also needed for the heart, muscles, and nerves to function properly. In the wild, cats and dogs would eat bones along with meat to get the calcium they need. We think they have the right idea, so ZIWI Peak recipes include ground bone to reflect what your pet would eat in the wild.
- Sodium: Sodium is beneficial for focus and mood, heart and blood health, weight maintenance, and fluid balance. Puppies and kittens require sodium to support healthy growth. Sources include meat and seafood, and salt.
- Selenium: Protects cell membranes from oxidative damage and is found in meat and fish.
- Pyridoxine (B6): Glucose generation, red blood cell and nervous system function, hormone regulation, immune response, niacin synthesis, and gene activation. A good source of this especially vital vitamin is fish and white meats.
- Methionine: Methionine supports good urinary health, reducing the risk of kidney disease, bladder stones, and struvite crystal formation. This nutrient is important for skin and coat health, eye health, heart health, and more. It is also one of the essential amino acids required and is a precursor to other amino acids like cysteine which can then be converted to taurine by dogs. Fish is a good source, along with meat.
Mackerel, Water Sufficient for Processing, Chickpeas, New Zealand Green Mussel, DL-Methionine, Minerals (Dipotassium Phosphate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Copper Amino Acid Complex), Dried Kelp, Vitamins (Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Salt, Taurine.
- Crude Protein(min) 12.0%
- Crude Fat(min) 3.0%
- Crude Fiber(max) 2.0%
- Ash(max) 4.0%
- Taurine(min) 0.19%
- Calorie Content (calculated)1075 kcal ME/kg
- Calorie Content (calculated)199 kcal ME/185g (6.5 oz can)
- Calorie Content (calculated)91 kcal ME/85g (3 oz can)
Refrigerate once opened and use within 7 days.