- 96% PeakPrey ratios of meat, organs, seafood, bone.
- 10% Z-BOOST® superfoods blend.
- Convenient raw alternative, just scoop and serve.
Use as a complete and balanced meal, a nutritious topper, or a delicious treat.
Free from grains, potatoes, glycerin, and rendered meat or meals.
ZIWI Peak Air Dried Cat Food Chicken Recipe
Ethically raised in New Zealand, our free-range chickens have plenty of room to roam and spread their wings.
ZIWI Peak® free-range chicken is a recipe that will make your cat’s eyes widen, and you can feel good about your choice, too.
A complete and balanced PeakPrey® recipe for all life stage, from kittens to seniors
Nutrients and benefits
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids: Found throughout the body, especially the brain and eyes. As you might expect, these nutrients are crucial for supporting healthy brain function, growth, and development (particularly for puppies and kittens). But they also play an important role in helping your pet’s blood vessels, heart, immune system, and lungs work properly. They’re also great for supporting healthy skin and coat. Poultry is an important source of Omega-6 fatty acids, while New Zealand green mussels and other seafoods are a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Glucosamine and chondroitin: Glucosamine is a combination of ‘glucose’, a sugar, and ‘glutamine’, an amino acid. It helps form and repair cartilage. Together, they’re ideal for building healthy joints and resisting joint tissue breakdown - particularly crucial for our senior pets and puppies. Beef, lamb, poultry, and bones are a good source of these nutrients.
- Taurine: An amino acid and one of the building blocks of all proteins. Necessary to maintain normal vision, digestion, heart muscle function, and to maintain a healthy immune system. Dogs can make taurine, but cats rely on taurine exclusively from their diets. All animal proteins are an excellent source.
- Calcium: Calcium builds and maintains strong bones. But it’s also needed for the heart, muscles, and nerves to function properly. In the wild, cats and dogs would eat bones along with meat to get the calcium they need. We think they have the right idea, so ZIWI Peak recipes include ground bone to reflect what your pet would eat in the wild.
- Zinc: Zinc is essential for a healthy immune system, to make proteins and DNA, for healing, to maintain a strong sense of taste and smell, and for puppy and kitten growth. So, rather important then! The good news is that red meat and poultry are good sources of zinc, which you’ll find plenty of in ZIWI’s PeakPrey recipes.
- Thiamine (B1): Regulates energy and carbohydrate metabolism, and activates ion channels in neural tissue. Found in liver and kidney throughout ZIWI Peak recipes.
- Niacin (B3): Facilitates enzyme function. Sourced from dark, oily fish, organs, and meat.
- Pantothenic acid (B5): Helps energy metabolism and is sourced from organs and eggs.
- Biotin: Involved in certain steps of fatty acid, nonessential amino acid, and purine synthesis. Found in many different foods, particularly liver and eggs.
Chicken, Chicken Liver, Chicken Bone, Chicken Necks, New Zealand Green Mussel, Chicken Heart, Chicken Cartilage, Inulin (from Chicory Root), Dried Apple Pomace, Minerals (Dipotassium Phosphate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Copper Amino Acid Complex, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Sodium Selenite), Dried Organic Kelp, Salt, Preservative (Citric Acid, Mixed Tocopherols), DL-Methionine, Vitamins (Choline Chloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Taurine.
- Crude Protein(min) 38.0%
- Crude Fat(min) 30.0%
- Crude Fiber(max) 3.0%
- Moisture(max) 14.0%
- Ash(max) 12.0%
- Taurine added to GA(min) 0.20%
- Chondroitin Sulfate*(min) 3000 mg/kg
- Glucosamine added to GA*(min) 1000 mg/kg
- Calorie Content(calculated) kcal ME / kg | 5000
- Calorie Content(calculated) kcal ME / level cup 474
- AAFCOZIWI Peak Chicken Recipe is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles for All Life Stages. *Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles
We recommend you feed our air-dried food before the printed best before date and within 8 weeks of opening the package; however, these dates are intended as guidelines.
If the product is not stored in its sealed bag, it can be exposed to air and/or moisture which could cause the food to become dry and brittle, or could create the potential for mold to grow; either of these would be an indicator that the food has not been stored properly and should no longer be consumed by your pet.