- 96% PeakPrey ratios of meat, organs, seafood, bone.
- 10% Z-BOOST® superfoods blend.
- Convenient raw alternative, just scoop and serve.
Use as a complete and balanced meal, a nutritious topper, or a delicious treat.
Free from grains, potatoes, glycerin, and rendered meat or meals.
ZIWI Peak Air Dried Cat Food Beef Recipe 400g/1kg
Having access to lush fields of grass year-round makes New Zealand free-range, grass-fed beef among the best in the world. What’s more, we only source from ethical farms and farmers.
Our single protein recipes are perfect for pets with sensitive stomachs, and for guardians who want to know exactly what’s going into their pet’s bowl.
A complete and balanced PeakPrey® recipe for all life stage, from kittens to seniors
Nutrients and benefits
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids: Found throughout the body, especially the brain and eyes. As you might expect, these nutrients are crucial for supporting healthy brain function, growth, and development (particularly for puppies and kittens). But they also play an important role in helping your pet’s blood vessels, heart, immune system, and lungs work properly. They’re also great for supporting healthy skin and coat. Poultry is an important source of Omega-6 fatty acids, while New Zealand green mussels and other seafoods are a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Glucosamine and chondroitin: Glucosamine is a combination of ‘glucose’, a sugar, and ‘glutamine’, an amino acid. It helps form and repair cartilage. Together, they’re ideal for building healthy joints and resisting joint tissue breakdown - particularly crucial for our senior pets and puppies. Beef, lamb, poultry, and bones are a good source of these nutrients.
- Taurine: An amino acid and one of the building blocks of all proteins. Necessary to maintain normal vision, digestion, heart muscle function, and to maintain a healthy immune system. Dogs can make taurine, but cats rely on taurine exclusively from their diets. All animal proteins are an excellent source.
- Calcium: Calcium builds and maintains strong bones. But it’s also needed for the heart, muscles, and nerves to function properly. In the wild, cats and dogs would eat bones along with meat to get the calcium they need. We think they have the right idea, so ZIWI Peak recipes include ground bone to reflect what your pet would eat in the wild.
- Phosphorus: Phosphorus is essential in the formation of bones and teeth, so essential for our young pups and kittens. It is needed to make protein so the body can grow, repair, and maintain its cells. Phosphorus also helps the body make ATP, a molecule the body uses to store energy. Phosphorus is found in bony raw materials, which is why ZIWI Peak recipes include ground bone.
- Sodium: Sodium is beneficial for focus and mood, heart and blood health, weight maintenance, and fluid balance. Puppies and kittens require sodium to support healthy growth. Sources include meat and seafood, and salt.
- Magnesium: Magnesium plays a vital role in just about every process in the body. Important for bone mineralization, muscle contraction and relaxation (i.e. movement), and neuronal signal transduction. A source is New Zealand green mussels.
- Thiamine (B1): Regulates energy and carbohydrate metabolism, and activates ion channels in neural tissue. Found in liver and kidney throughout ZIWI Peak recipes.
- Folic acid (B9): Important in amino acid and nucleotide metabolism and in mitochondrial protein synthesis.
Beef, Beef Tripe, Beef Heart, Beef Lung, Beef Liver, Beef Kidney, Beef Bone, New Zealand Green Mussel, Beef Cartilage, Beef Spleen, Lecithin, Inulin (from Chicory Root), Dried Apple Pomace, Minerals (Dipotassium Phosphate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Copper Amino Acid Complex, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Sodium Selenite), Dried Organic Kelp, Salt, DL-Methionine, Preservative (Citric Acid, Mixed Tocopherols), Vitamins (Choline Chloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Taurine.
- Crude Protein(min) 38.0%
- Crude Fat(min) 30.0%
- Crude Fiber(max) 3.0%
- Moisture(max) 14.0%
- Ash(max) 12.0%
- Taurine added to GA(min) 0.20%
- Chondroitin Sulfate*(min) 3000 mg/kg
- Glucosamine added to GA*(min) 1000 mg/kg
- Calorie Content(calculated) kcal ME / kg | 4900
- Calorie Content(calculated) kcal ME / level cup 465
- AAFCOZIWI Peak Beef Recipe is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles for All Life Stages. *Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles
We recommend you feed our air-dried food before the printed best before date and within 8 weeks of opening the package; however, these dates are intended as guidelines.
If the product is not stored in its sealed bag, it can be exposed to air and/or moisture which could cause the food to become dry and brittle, or could create the potential for mold to grow; either of these would be an indicator that the food has not been stored properly and should no longer be consumed by your pet.