- 92% PeakPrey ratios of meat, organs, seafood, bone.
- 10% Z-BOOST® superfoods blend.
- Use as a complete and balanced meal, a nutritious topper, or a delicious treat.
- Free from grains, potatoes, glycerin, and rendered meat or meals.
Ziwi Peak Lamb Wet Canned Food for Cats 85g/ 185g. Buy 12 of same size, get 1 free!
New Zealand is famous for its world-class lamb, ethically raised by multi-generational family farmers under perfect conditions. Our temperate climate and lush, nutrient-rich farmland allow the lamb to graze all year round.
This single protein food is gently nourishing and great for cats with food sensitivities. ZIWI Peak® Lamb is everything your cat needs to seek adventure, wherever they may find it.
A complete and balanced PeakPrey® recipe for all life stage, from kittens to seniors
Nutrients and benefits
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids: Found throughout the body, especially the brain and eyes. As you might expect, these nutrients are crucial for supporting healthy brain function, growth, and development (particularly for puppies and kittens). But they also play an important role in helping your pet’s blood vessels, heart, immune system, and lungs work properly. They’re also great for supporting healthy skin and coat. Poultry is an important source of Omega-6 fatty acids, while New Zealand green mussels and other seafoods are a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Glucosamine and chondroitin: Glucosamine is a combination of ‘glucose’, a sugar, and ‘glutamine’, an amino acid. It helps form and repair cartilage. Together, they’re ideal for building healthy joints and resisting joint tissue breakdown - particularly crucial for our senior pets and puppies. Beef, lamb, poultry, and bones are a good source of these nutrients.
- Taurine: An amino acid and one of the building blocks of all proteins. Necessary to maintain normal vision, digestion, heart muscle function, and to maintain a healthy immune system. Dogs can make taurine, but cats rely on taurine exclusively from their diets. All animal proteins are an excellent source.
- Calcium: Calcium builds and maintains strong bones. But it’s also needed for the heart, muscles, and nerves to function properly. In the wild, cats and dogs would eat bones along with meat to get the calcium they need. We think they have the right idea, so ZIWI Peak recipes include ground bone to reflect what your pet would eat in the wild.
- Phosphorus: Phosphorus is essential in the formation of bones and teeth, so essential for our young pups and kittens. It is needed to make protein so the body can grow, repair, and maintain its cells. Phosphorus also helps the body make ATP, a molecule the body uses to store energy. Phosphorus is found in bony raw materials, which is why ZIWI Peak recipes include ground bone.
- Sodium: Sodium is beneficial for focus and mood, heart and blood health, weight maintenance, and fluid balance. Puppies and kittens require sodium to support healthy growth. Sources include meat and seafood, and salt.
- Magnesium: Magnesium plays a vital role in just about every process in the body. Important for bone mineralization, muscle contraction and relaxation (i.e. movement), and neuronal signal transduction. A source is New Zealand green mussels.
- Copper: Necessary for the absorption and transport of dietary iron and essential for the normal formation of haemoglobin. Sources include organ meats and fish.
- Vitamin A: This supports healthy eyes and night vision (especially important to cats!) as well as the formation of organs and structures in growing animals, and immune function. Liver is a rich source of Vitamin A, which is why ZIWI Peak recipes include liver.
Lamb, Water Sufficient for Processing, Lamb Lung, Lamb Kidney, Lamb Liver, Chickpeas, Lamb Tripe, Lamb Heart, New Zealand Green Mussel, Lamb Bone, DL-Methionine, Dried Kelp, Minerals (Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Copper Amino Acid Complex), Taurine, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid).
- Crude Protein(min) 9.5%
- Crude Fat(min) 6.0%
- Crude Fiber(max) 2.0%
- Moisture(max) 78.0%
- Ash(max) 3.0%
- Calorie Content (calculated)1325 kcal ME/kg
- Calorie Content (calculated)245 kcal ME/185g (6.5 oz can) | 113 kcal ME/85g (3oz can)
Refrigerate once opened and use within 7 days.