96% PeakPrey ratios of meat, organs, seafood, bone.
10% Z-BOOST® superfoods blend.
Convenient raw alternative, just scoop and serve.
Use as a complete and balanced meal, a nutritious topper, or a delicious treat.
Free from grains, potatoes, glycerin, and rendered meat or meals.
ZIWI Peak Air-Dried Mackerel & Lamb Recipe for Cats
In this recipe, lush New Zealand land meets cool, blue, pristine sea. Wild and sustainable whole blue mackerel from the remote waters around New Zealand are perfectly paired with North Island grass-fed, free-range lamb.
Your cat will love the delicious flavors, and you’ll love the effect it has on their health.
A complete and balanced PeakPrey® recipe for all life stage, from kittens to seniors
Nutrients and benefits
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids: Found throughout the body, especially the brain and eyes. As you might expect, these nutrients are crucial for supporting healthy brain function, growth, and development (particularly for puppies and kittens). But they also play an important role in helping your pet’s blood vessels, heart, immune system, and lungs work properly. They’re also great for supporting healthy skin and coat. Poultry is an important source of Omega-6 fatty acids, while New Zealand green mussels and other seafoods are a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Glucosamine and chondroitin: Glucosamine is a combination of ‘glucose’, a sugar, and ‘glutamine’, an amino acid. It helps form and repair cartilage. Together, they’re ideal for building healthy joints and resisting joint tissue breakdown - particularly crucial for our senior pets and puppies. Beef, lamb, poultry, and bones are a good source of these nutrients.
- Taurine: An amino acid and one of the building blocks of all proteins. Necessary to maintain normal vision, digestion, heart muscle function, and to maintain a healthy immune system. Dogs can make taurine, but cats rely on taurine exclusively from their diets. All animal proteins are an excellent source.
- Calcium: Calcium builds and maintains strong bones. But it’s also needed for the heart, muscles, and nerves to function properly. In the wild, cats and dogs would eat bones along with meat to get the calcium they need. We think they have the right idea, so ZIWI Peak recipes include ground bone to reflect what your pet would eat in the wild.
- Phosphorus: Phosphorus is essential in the formation of bones and teeth, so essential for our young pups and kittens. It is needed to make protein so the body can grow, repair, and maintain its cells. Phosphorus also helps the body make ATP, a molecule the body uses to store energy. Phosphorus is found in bony raw materials, which is why ZIWI Peak recipes include ground bone.
- Sodium: Sodium is beneficial for focus and mood, heart and blood health, weight maintenance, and fluid balance. Puppies and kittens require sodium to support healthy growth. Sources include meat and seafood, and salt.
- Selenium: Protects cell membranes from oxidative damage and is found in meat and fish.
- Pyridoxine (B6): Glucose generation, red blood cell and nervous system function, hormone regulation, immune response, niacin synthesis, and gene activation. A good source of this especially vital vitamin is fish and white meats.
- Methionine: Methionine supports good urinary health, reducing the risk of kidney disease, bladder stones, and struvite crystal formation. This nutrient is important for skin and coat health, eye health, heart health, and more. It is also one of the essential amino acids required and is a precursor to other amino acids like cysteine which can then be converted to taurine by dogs. Fish is a good source, along with meat.
Whole Mackerel, Lamb, Lamb Tripe, Lamb Lung, Lamb Heart, Lamb Liver, New Zealand Green Mussel, Lamb Kidney, Lamb Spleen, Lamb Bone, Lecithin, Inulin (from Chicory Root), Dried Apple Pomace, Minerals (Dipotassium Phosphate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Copper Amino Acid Complex, Manganese Amino Acid Complex), Lamb Cartilage, Dried Organic Kelp, Salt, Preservative (Citric Acid, Mixed Tocopherols), DL-Methionine, Vitamins (Choline Chloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Taurine.
- Crude Protein(min) 44.0%
- Crude Fat(min) 24.0%
- Crude Fiber(max) 3.0%
- Moisture(max) 14.0%
- Ash(max) 12.0%
- Taurine added to GA(min) 0.20%
- Chondroitin Sulfate*(min) 1300 mg/kg
- Glucosamine added to GA*(min) 1000 mg/kg
- Calorie Content(calculated) kcal ME / kg | 4500
- Calorie Content(calculated) kcal ME / level cup 427
- AAFCOZIWI Peak Mackerel & Lamb Recipe is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles for All Life Stages. *Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles
We recommend you feed our air-dried food before the printed best before date and within 8 weeks of opening the package; however, these dates are intended as guidelines.
If the product is not stored in its sealed bag, it can be exposed to air and/or moisture which could cause the food to become dry and brittle, or could create the potential for mold to grow; either of these would be an indicator that the food has not been stored properly and should no longer be consumed by your pet.